Letaba Thatchers specialize in Gum Pole Thatch Roof construction and thatching of Hotels, Lodges, houses and Bush Camps, as well as Timber decking and stilts with elevated timber walkways.
Letaba Thatchers is a member of the International Thatching Society and a founding member of the Thatchers Association of South Africa since 31 January 2006 with membership number GSA018. TASA confirmed members are held accountable against strict industry standards to ensure workmanship and customer service of the highest standard. Letaba Thatchers further supports their adherence to these standards by offering a 5 year guarantee on the products they use, as well their workmanship on all installations.
- CCA treated gumpoles (H4 & H5 treatments).
- Thatchbor treated gumpoles (fire retardant & preservative).
- Hyparrhenia Hirta (Common Thatching Grass).
- Cape Reed (Thamnochortus lsgnis) on request.
- Interior ceiling a choise of Cape Reed or thatching grass.
- Treated thatchery twine.
- Pre-fabricated fibre glass ridges.
- Thatch ridges on request.
- CCA treated Pine (H4 & H5 treatments).
- Seligna (optional).